Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center in Florida with a Strong Focus on Mental Health
It isn’t just the physical addiction that’s plaguing your life. Past or recent trauma, or other mental health conditions may have led you to use drugs or alcohol to try to feel better. Or maybe you keep using to avoid withdrawal symptoms like depression and anxiety.
No matter the case, your mental health is a major focus of our addiction recovery program at Footprints Beachside Recovery. Simply treating the physical addiction doesn’t get to the root of the problem, which is why a holistic approach is a focus at our dual diagnosis treatment center.
Our Approach to Dual Diagnosis Rehab
Mental health is a very important component in understanding and combating addiction, as the two exist in tandem. Dual diagnosis disorders, also known as co-occurring conditions, could include any combination of mental health and substance use disorders, but there are some that are more common than others that we have extensive experience treating, including the following:
What to Expect at our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers
Within the first 24 hours of your stay with us, we’ll evaluate your current state and work to identify and understand the mental health issues you’re struggling with. You’ll also meet our doctor, as well as one of our licensed mental health professionals who are all certified in trauma resolution therapies.
These initial evaluations help us develop an individualized treatment plan that addresses your specific emotional, mental and psychological needs. Our holistic approach helps ensure that you are receiving the right treatment for the right issue.
Evidence-Based Therapies Used in Dual Diagnosis Rehab
To get to the bottom of why your addiction started in the first place and help you work through your co-occurring conditions, we combine traditional, evidence-based treatment with a more holistic approach. We do this with the following therapies:
- Individual Therapy: You’ll have a minimum of two individual therapy sessions a week with your therapist to work through your struggles with mental health and substance abuse. If you have an emergency or want help outside of your scheduled sessions, a therapist is always available.
- Group Therapy: This is where you’ll get to talk with others going through similar situations and help each other through recovery.
- Dual Diagnosis Groups and Trauma Therapy: Our team of trained and licensed mental health professionals make it a priority to help you recover from trauma, depression and anxiety.
- Nutrition and Fitness: Proper nutrition and exercise programs are provided to help your body and mind heal from dual diagnosis disorders.
- Holistic Activities: Activities like yoga, meditation, acupuncture, art therapy and massage therapy can help you relax, grow stronger and stimulate your creativity.
Hope and Healing from Dual Diagnosis Disorders at Footprints Beachside Recovery
At Footprints Beachside Recovery, we are well-equipped to treat both drug addiction as well as mental health disorders. From our own personal experience with addiction and spending the last 10 years helping others recover, we know that each person’s history of mental health and addiction is different. This is why we provide individual treatment plans that are trustworthy and effective. Learn more about the programs that we offer.