There are quality and effective drug & alcohol treatment centers all over the country, and likely several even in your home town. However, for some going out of state for drug & alcohol rehab treatment is the best case scenario. Below are some of the benefits of traveling to an out-of-state rehab center to seek treatment for addiction.
Reasons to Travel for Addiction Rehab:
- Remove yourself or your loved one from the normal routine: People may need a dramatic change of scenery to help break bad habits. Being in close proximity to the same people, places and activities that were a part of your life during addiction may increase temptations and not allow you to create the break through you need during treatment. It is important create new experiences, and get out of your comfort zone, through a holistic set of therapies & activities focused on healing your mind, body & spirit.
- Commitment to Completing a Program: By leaving your comfort zone and traveling out of state to seek drug or alcohol treatment, you are making it harder to leave, which is of course a good thing. Yes, checking into an addiction rehab program is typically voluntary so you can leave at any time. So, if a person wants to leave they are welcome to walk out at any time. When friends or family are close by, the idea of leaving doesn’t seem so bad. Adding the extra challenge of a long trip or plane ticket, may cause an addict to think twice and consider completing an addiction treatment program, which dramatically increases their chances of long-term sobriety.
- Eliminating Distractions: When choosing an out-of-state addiction rehab center, an addict can remove themselves from the distractions of home. They can focus on taking control of their own life, and more easily eliminate the distractions & drama going on at home. Focus on understanding your own problems and getting better, focus on sobriety.
- Confidentiality & Privacy: Seeking rehabilitation from your addiction is a seriously personal decision. Patients often feel more willing to talk about their problems to medical staff & even peers if they know there is no connection to home. You can have peace of mind that while you are recovering, you will not bump into anybody at the grocery store or in the park. Sure, it will be challenging to explain where you are your loved one is going and why, but Footprints Beachside Recovery is here to help with those tough conversations & decisions.
- Get a Fresh Start: When you find an out-of-state drug treatment facility, you can get that fresh start you are looking for. Rediscover yourself and make a change! Footprints Beachside Recovery is full of success stories and a truly compassionate staff, committed to your sobriety.
Benefits of Finding a Local Drug & Alcohol Rehab Center:
- Your Support Network is Close By: For many addiction programs, the involvement of loved ones can play a part on the healing process. While technology allows us to stay connected, sometimes an in-person face-to-face discussion is important to addiction therapy.
- Local Rehab Could Be Cheaper: We understand that the cost of rehab is a very real concern. When you choose a local rehab center you can save money by not paying for gas, airfare and other accommodations.
- More Immediate Decision: Checking in to a local rehab center, might mean you can make the decision now. If you or a loved one are in desperate need of drug & alcohol treatment, the best thing for your family may be to get started now, like today, and go somewhere close to home.
Why Choose our Drug Treatment Center in Treasure Island, Florida?
Footprints Beachside Recovery is small and we like it that way. With a limited number of beds, 8 beds for men and 7 beds for women, we can focus on each individual and your needs will not be overlooked. We are just steps from the healing waters of the Gulf of Mexico, giving you the natural and beautiful change of scenery you desperately need to being your addiction recovery.