Men’s Addiction Treatment Program
At Footprints, we believe that gender-specific group therapy can have a positive effect on both men and women. That is why partial days are dedicated to our clients experience in the gender specific groups. Separate private residences for men, and the men in recovery groups provide a safe and therapeutic atmosphere for men to recover and heal. If you are curious about what to expect from Footprints, learn more about the specifics of our drug treatment program.
Drug Rehab Program for Men
The reason gender-specific group therapy has been shown to be an effective tool in the recovery process is because women and men have some inherent differences from one another. While anyone can fall victim to addiction regardless of sex, men experience addiction differently than women, both physically and mentally:
- Men are more likely to develop alcohol-related problems than women. Men typically consume more alcohol than women when they drink and they drink more frequently.
- Men are more likely to use illicit drugs and to develop drug-related problems than women.
- Men tend to be more impulsive, riskier and competitive. Many times, these traits lead them to experiment with drugs and alcohol, and can cause them to consume larger quantities to try and outdo the people around them.
- Many men feel that they need to be tough and strong due to expectations put on them by society. This encourages them to keep their issues and emotions to themselves, and makes them believe they must solve their problems on their own. Not opening up about how they’re feeling or what they’re dealing with often leads them to drugs and alcohol as a way to cope with their problems.
- Studies show that men’s brains release more dopamine after drinking an alcoholic drink or doing drugs, suggesting that these substances produce more feelings of pleasure and gratification in men than women.
- Male recovering addicts are more likely to relapse than females.
Partaking in a men-specific therapy group allows for these issues to be discussed openly in a comfortable, judgement-free environment. Forming bonds and developing trust with fellow men who are enduring similar struggles can be very beneficial in your recovery process, as you begin to truly address your addiction and the problems behind it.
Anonymous Footprints Testimonial“I had everything I wanted in life except happiness. I found Footprints and my life changed in one day. I attribute all the great things that have come to me from my experience at this recovery center. This is not a place to be counted as a number. This family owned and operated center went over and beyond to help support me and my family throughout the hardest times of our life. If anyone is wavering in their decision on where to become sober, I highly suggest Footprints Beachside Recovery”
Katie S’s Footprints Testimonial“This is a great place with people that really care about the people seeking treatment. We sent a loved one to footprints and had a great experience with great results. John devoted so much time to our family before anyone even stepped foot in the door and our loved one has come out of treatment as a new person!”
John H’s Footprints Testimonial“It is hard to overstate the importance Footprints has had on my life… I arrived in a bad state, but over the course of my stay was able to stabilize, gain a real measure of hope, and begin the process of a lifelong recovery.”
Bren H’s Footprints Testimonial“I had everything I wanted in life except happiness. I found footprints and my life changed in one day […] If anyone is wavering in their decision on where to become sober, I highly suggest Footprints Beachside Recovery. God Bless Them.”
Cheryl H’s Footprints Testimonial“Going to Footprints was the best decision I have ever made in my life! All of the staff truly care about each and every person there. The living quarters are very nice and I met some extremely wonderful people there that I have kept in touch with. They are the most generous and caring people you could hope to find!!”
AJ B’s Footprints Testimonial“As the mother of an adult son who has suffered with alcoholism his entire adult life, I couldn’t be more thankful for the gifts Footprints has given our family, and especially, my son’s baby girl, our granddaughter. […] It was absolutely the best investment of his time and benefits. We can’t thank you enough, but please know that we’re thankful for you each and every day.”
Katie M’s Footprints Testimonial“Footprints was the third treatment center I had been to, and by far the best. The staff is very professional and truly cares about the needs of their clients. The location is unreal! It is located in a safe and beautiful area, the house I stayed at was probably the nicest house I’ve lived in, not even a quarter mile from the beach. I had an amazing time there while learning about myself, how to stay sober, and how to have healthy, sober friendships!”