Quitting drinking is just a matter of will power right? Wrong. In fact this is one of the biggest addiction myths out there. The truth? Alcohol addiction is a disease that requires treatment from professionals.
Struggling with alcohol addiction doesn’t make you weak, it means you have one very important choice to make as part of the alcohol rehabilitation process: Where to go for help. How to come out of this thing stronger.
Footprints Beachside Recovery, on the Gulf Coast of Florida near Tampa, has taken many people on the same journey you’re looking to make. Check out the list below and call us today to talk to an expert. Get the conversation started on your addiction to alcohol.
Treatment & Rehabilitation of Alcohol Addicts at Footprints Beachside Recovery
- Education.Most people who end up at rehab have not spent a whole lot of time researching addiction. How does alcohol change the brain? What are its effects on the body? How does depression or anxiety relate to addiction? What is the science behind your recovery?
- Therapy.When you arrive at Footprints Beachside Recovery in Florida you will be introduced to our caring and professional team of clinicians and therapists. There will be group therapy, as well as many formal and informal interactions with other members of our staff.
- Medical/Nursing Services.Every aspect of a person must be addressed for a successful recovery, including all physical and mental health issues. Medications will be managed and post-addiction needs will be addressed—all by professionals who specialize in the treatment and rehabilitation of alcohol addicts.
- Nutrition.More than ever, your body needs to be nurtured. Food supplements (amino acids, vitamins and minerals) can help restore your body, and issues such as sleep, digestion and hydration are also addressed. A balanced diet, and learning how to benefit the body from more natural approach enhance provide the groundwork for a healthy, drug free lifestyle.
- Fitness. Exercise can contribute greatly to the recovery of addiction. At Footprints Beachside Recovery our clients are encouraged to attend the full on-site gym reduce stress, anxiety, and overcoming addictive cravings. Feeling better and improving your self image are important while in treatment!
- New Experiences.In your old life, you may have spent a lot of time planning your drinking, and recovering from drinking. Part of the alcohol rehabilitation process is finding new and fulfilling ways to enjoy life. In addition to recreation, you’ll have the opportunity to engage in art therapy, outdoor activities, yoga therapy and equine therapy.
About Footprints Beachside Recovery
Footprints Beachside Recovery Center is a residential treatment center located on the beautiful Florida Gulf Shores and seeks to treat the whole person, not just the addiction, through a comprehensive approach to recovery. Contact us today to speak to an expert and learn more about life after addiction recovery.