12 Step Recovery Program
While at Footprints, clients will be introduced to a recovery program that is structured with the twelve step program. Our staff will walk each client through an individualized 12 step program for addiction and ensure that it is tailored to each client’s needs. Research shows that clients who engage in 12 step programs both during and after treatment have more successful outcomes long term.
The original twelve steps as published by Alcoholics Anonymous:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Holistic Approach to Addiction Treatment
Footprints is committed to treating all clients in a holistic fashion, and the exposure to various programs correlates with our mission to provide a multi-modal treatment model. Learn more about our approach to drug and alcohol rehab at Footprints.
“I had everything I wanted in life except happiness. I found Footprints and my life changed in one day. I attribute all the great things that have come to me from my experience at this recovery center. This is not a place to be counted as a number. This family owned and operated center went over and beyond to help support me and my family throughout the hardest times of our life. If anyone is wavering in their decision on where to become sober, I highly suggest Footprints Beachside Recovery”
“This is a great place with people that really care about the people seeking treatment. We sent a loved one to footprints and had a great experience with great results. John devoted so much time to our family before anyone even stepped foot in the door and our loved one has come out of treatment as a new person!”
“It is hard to overstate the importance Footprints has had on my life… I arrived in a bad state, but over the course of my stay was able to stabilize, gain a real measure of hope, and begin the process of a lifelong recovery.”
“I had everything I wanted in life except happiness. I found footprints and my life changed in one day […] If anyone is wavering in their decision on where to become sober, I highly suggest Footprints Beachside Recovery. God Bless Them.”
“Going to Footprints was the best decision I have ever made in my life! All of the staff truly care about each and every person there. The living quarters are very nice and I met some extremely wonderful people there that I have kept in touch with. They are the most generous and caring people you could hope to find!!”
“As the mother of an adult son who has suffered with alcoholism his entire adult life, I couldn’t be more thankful for the gifts Footprints has given our family, and especially, my son’s baby girl, our granddaughter. […] It was absolutely the best investment of his time and benefits. We can’t thank you enough, but please know that we’re thankful for you each and every day.”
“Footprints was the third treatment center I had been to, and by far the best. The staff is very professional and truly cares about the needs of their clients. The location is unreal! It is located in a safe and beautiful area, the house I stayed at was probably the nicest house I’ve lived in, not even a quarter mile from the beach. I had an amazing time there while learning about myself, how to stay sober, and how to have healthy, sober friendships!”